No matter what you're making, make it delicious with great cheese
Cheese Lasagna with Béchamel and Fresh Herb Tomato Sauce
- 16 oz. Galbani® mozzarella, hand shredded
- 32 oz. Galbani® ricotta
- 8 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp. salted butter
- 16 sheets no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cups béchamel sauce
Preheat oven to 400º F.
· Stir chopped herbs into the tomato sauce. Reserve.
· In a large bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Reserve.
· Grease a 13" x 9" baking dish with the butter and remaining olive oil. Spread 1 cup of tomato sauce on the bottom of pan. Top with 4 sheets of noodles, overlapping slightly.
· Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, followed by 1/3 cup of the Parmesan and ½ of the mozzarella. Top with one cup of the béchamel sauce.
· Repeat layering of noodles, ricotta, and Parmesan and top with one cup of tomato sauce. Repeat again and top with the remaining cup of the béchamel sauce.
· Top with one more layer of noodles and the rest of the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with remaining hand shredded mozzarella.
· Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until top is golden brown, about 10-14 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving to allow lasagna to set.
Discover recipes that are sure to please.