No matter what you're making, make it delicious with great cheese
GreatCheese.com2012-10-16Penne Rigate with Ricotta, Mozzarella, and Eggplant: 1 cup Precious® Galbani® ricotta cheese, 1 cup Precious® Galbani® mozzarella, hand shredded, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled, 1 eggplant, peeled and diced, 4 cups tomato sauce, 16 oz. package penne rigate pasta, 1/2 cup fresh basil, Salt and Peppercomments powered by Disqus
Penne Rigate with Ricotta, Mozzarella, and Eggplant
- 1 cup Precious® Galbani® ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Precious® Galbani® mozzarella, hand shredded
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 16 oz. package penne rigate pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and eggplant, cook until golden brown and tender.
- Add tomato sauce and cooked eggplant to a large pot and heat through over medium heat.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and add to sauce.
- Add ricotta, half the hand shredded mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil to the sauce mixture. Toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle remaining hand shredded mozzarella over each portion of pasta.
Discover recipes that are sure to please.