No matter what you're making, make it delicious with great cheese
Baked Eggs with Ricotta, Mozzarella, and Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 8 oz. ball Precious® Galbani® fresh mozzarella, diced into 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup Precious® Galbani® mozzarella, hand shredded
- 1 cup Precious® Galbani® ricotta cheese
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly brush 4 individual casseroles* with olive oil.
- Spoon 1/4 cup tomato sauce into each casserole. Sprinkle with the crushed pepper flakes.
- Crack eggs into dishes (3 eggs in each) and evenly cover each with the diced and hand shredded mozzarella, and ricotta.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
* You may also use a 12" x 3" cast iron skillet or 13" x 9" casserole dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes until desired doneness, rotating dish every 10 to 15 minutes.
Discover recipes that are sure to please.