No matter what you're making, make it delicious with great cheese
Mozzarella, Beets, Walnuts, and Escarole with Ricotta Salad
- 8 oz. ball Galbani® fresh mozzarella, cut into 1" pieces
- ½ cup Galbani® ricotta cheese
- 1 lb. roasted red beets*, peeled and sliced into wedges
- ¾ cup walnuts, halved, and toasted in a 400° F oven for 5-10 minutes
- 1 cup chopped escarole hearts
- Sherry wine vinaigrette
· In a large mixing bowl, toss mozzarella, beets, walnuts and escarole with sherry wine vinaigrette.
· Distribute salad onto 4 or 6 salad plates.
· Top each salad with a generous tablespoon of ricotta.
* Roasted Red Beets: Preheat oven to 400° f. Wash beets, individually wrap them in foil, and roast for 60-90 minutes, depending on size. Once cool enough to handle, peel skin using a paring knife or your fingers.
Chef’s Note: If you prefer, golden beets can also be used. Fresh fruit, such as strawberries or figs, is also a nice addition.
Discover recipes that are sure to please.