No matter what you're making, make it delicious with great cheese
Fresh Mozzarella Skewers with Grilled Vegetables
- 2 - 8 oz. balls Galbani® fresh mozzarella, cut into 1
- 2 small zucchini, ends removed, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 small eggplants, peeled, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 medium bell peppers (red and yellow) cut in half with seeds removed
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 10-12 bamboo skewers
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Salt and Pepper
Heat grill to 450º F.
· In a large bowl, toss zucchini, eggplant, and peppers in half of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
· Grill the vegetables over medium heat until tender. Set aside on a sheet tray to cool.
· Once cool enough to handle, cut vegetables into 1" pieces.
· Assemble skewers by arranging one piece of mozzarella, one cherry tomato, and one piece of each of the grilled vegetables. Repeat until skewer is full.
· To serve, place skewers on a large serving platter and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with fresh basil.
Chef’s Note: These skewers are not only a great family appetizer, they’re also perfect for cookouts or holiday parties. Feel free to substitute any seasonal vegetables you have on hand.
Discover recipes that are sure to please.