No matter what you're making, make it delicious with great cheese
GreatCheese.com2012-09-12Bacon and Balsamic Caprese Grillbread: Fresh Mozzarella Medallions, Heirloom Tomatoes, Fresh Basil Leaves, Kalamata Olive Ciabatta Bread, Garlic, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Crispy Cooked Bacon, Pepper, Asiago, Fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsleycomments powered by Disqus
Bacon and Balsamic Caprese Grillbread
- 1 1/2 pack Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella Medallions
- 4 Heirloom Tomatoes, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tbs Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped fine
- 1 Kalamata Olive Ciabatta Bread
- 2 cloves Garlic, cut in half
- 3 tbs Balsamic Vinaigrette, divided
- 6 slices Crispy Cooked Bacon, cut in pieces
- 2 tbs Asiago, shredded
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped fine
- Preheat grill on high for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, slice ciabatta lengthwise into two near-flat rectangles.
- Rub inside of each piece with garlic, then brush inside of each piece with 2 TBSP balsamic vinaigrette.
- Reduce heat to medium; grill both pieces of bread face down.
- Remove bread from grill once grill marks are well-defined and bread is toasted—about 5 minutes.
- Layer ingredients as follows: grilled bread (face up), mozzarella, bacon, basil, and tomato. Reduce heat to low and return bread to grill (lid down) until cheese begins to melt—about 7 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining balsamic vinaigrette, sprinkle with pepper, and top with asiago and parsley.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Discover recipes that are sure to please.