No matter what you're making, make it delicious with great cheese
GreatCheese.com2012-09-12Fresh Caprese Strudel: Fresh Mozzarella Log, Roma Tomatoes, Garlic, Onion chopped coarsley, Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper, Frozen Puff Pastry defrosted, Eggcomments powered by Disqus
Fresh Caprese Strudel
- 1 Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella Log, diced
- 5 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Onion chopped coarsley
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 sheet Frozen Puff Pastry defrosted
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl. Add onion and garlic. Heat oil in large skillet on medium . Add mix to hot oil and stir with spatula to separate onions for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in basil and seasonings. Cool slightly. Fold in the cheese.
- Flour your work surface and place dough on it. Un fold and gently flour . Use a rolling pin to make a 12 X 14 inch rectangle. Place it on the baking sheet. Using a pizza wheel cut 6 -3 inch cuts on both sides of the 14 inch length lining them up opposite each other.
- Scoop up the fresh tomato mixture with a large slotted spoon and fill the inner 6 inches of the pastry dough.
- To finish top take each opposite dough end , bring to the center and twist. Brush beaten egg over dough using a pastry brush.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until a deep golden brown. Remove and cool at least 5 minutes before moving to a cutting board. Slice into 6 servings at each dough break. Serve warm or cool. Serves 6
Discover recipes that are sure to please.