No matter what you're making, make it delicious with great cheese
GreatCheese.com2011-10-09Strawberry Grand Marnier® Lasagna: Ricotta, Grand Marnier Liqueur, Powdered Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Lemon Zest, Balsamic Vinegar, Orange Zest, Sugar, Heavy Cream, Pound Cake, Frozen Strawberries, Walnuts, toastedcomments powered by Disqus
Strawberry Grand Marnier® Lasagna
- 1 cup Sorrento® Ricotta
- 4 tbs Grand Marnier Liqueur
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 1 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Orange Zest
- 4 tbs Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 32 oz. Pound Cake, thawed
- 4 cups Frozen Strawberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup Walnuts, toasted, chopped fine in food processor
- Mix ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Whip cream until medium peaks are formed. Fold cream into ricotta mixture.
- Mix strawberries, liqueur, balsamic vinegar, orange zest, and sugar in medium bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pulse half of the strawberry mixture in a food processor until chopped but not pureed. Add this to other strawberries and combine. Adjust for sweetness with extra sugar if needed.
- To assemble, slice pound cakes in half down the middle. Reserve one half for later use. Stand remaining cake halves on end and slice each into 4 wide slices.
- Place 4 wide slices in an 8x11-inch baking dish. Top with half of the ricotta mixture. Top this with 1/3 of the strawberry mixture and 1/3 of the walnuts.
- Place another layer of 4 slices of pound cake on top and press firmly to compact.
- Repeat layers of ricotta, strawberry, and walnuts, pressing to compact. Top with last layer of 4 slices of cake. Top with the rest of the strawberry mixture and the walnuts.
Discover recipes that are sure to please.