No matter what you're making, make it delicious with great cheese
Brie en Croute with Cherries and Walnuts
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
- 15 oz. Président® Brie
- 1/2 cup Dried Cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup Black Cherry Jam
- 4 tbs Walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbs Brandy or Cognac, optional
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice wheel of Brie in half horizontally.
- In a small bowl, mix together the jam, cognac and chopped cherries.
- Spread the cherry filling evenly over bottom half of the Brie and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Top with other Brie half.
- Refrigerate the Brie while preparing the pastry.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the thawed pastry to a 14" by 14" square.
- Trim the pastry to a 13 inch round using a plate as a guide.
- Place the Brie in the center of the dough.
- Fold the pastry over the Brie and press to seal.
- Flip the brie over and garnish the top of the brie with dough cut out.
- Brush the entire pastry with egg wash.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until pastry is golden.
- Allow the pastry to cool for 30 minutes.
Discover recipes that are sure to please.