No matter what you're making, make it delicious with great cheese
GreatCheese.com2010-10-18Tuscan Sausage and Ricotta Strata: Medium Pasta Shells, Mild Italian Sausage, Onion, Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Paste, Ricotta, Zucchini, Mozzarellacomments powered by Disqus
Tuscan Sausage and Ricotta Strata
- 10 oz. Medium Pasta Shells, dry
- 1 lb. Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 29 oz. Diced Tomatoes
- 6 oz. Tomato Paste
- 15 oz. Sorrento® Ricotta
- 3 cups Zucchini, sliced
- 6 oz. Sorrento® Mozzarella, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, COOK sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat, 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink in the center. Remove and slice into 1-inch pieces.
- ADD onions in same skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste and 1/2 cup water; bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- LAYER half each of pasta, ricotta cheese, zucchini, sausage and sauce in 13x9-inch baking dish; repeat layers. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- COVER and BAKE in preheated 350°F oven 25 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
Discover recipes that are sure to please.