No matter what you're making, make it delicious with great cheese
Quick Classic Lasagna
- 3/4 lb. Lasagna Noodles, cooked
- Meat Sauce
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb. Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 6 cups Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 32 oz. Sorrento® Ricotta
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan (Grated)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 16 oz. Sorrento® Mozzarella, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Heat oil in skillet. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes. Add beef, cook for 5 minutes, breaking up meat with a fork. Add tomato sauce and salt. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes, until thickened.
2. In large bowl, combine Ricotta cheese and next 5 ingredients. Mix well.
3. Spread 1 cup meat sauce on bottom of 9x12 inch baking dish. Arrange a single layer of noodles over sauce. Spread ½ of ricotta mixture over noodles, cover ricotta with 1/3 of mozzarella slices, layer 1 1/2 cup of meat sauce over mozzarella. Cover sauce with second layer of noodles. Repeat layering with ricotta, mozzarella and sauce. Arrange final layer of noodles over sauce. Cover noodles with 1 cup of sauce, place remaining mozzarella over sauce.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Let Lasagna rest 10 minutes before serving.
Discover recipes that are sure to please.